Wednesday, July 29, 2009

"In the Midwest they call it a vacation. In Colorado they call it Saturday."

I don't know that I have ever seem a more breath taking lake! Ice lake pictured below looked as though it belonged on some tropical beach where the air is 90 degrees and Mojitos are served to you with little umbrellas! Low and behold it is located 8 hours SW of Denver just outside of Ouray, CO.



This little adventure took place last weekend (Thursday-Sunday) D and I were joined by friends from Church (Chris and Katie, and Brennan and Christa).


Here is one of the many water falls seen from the lower basin, probably the neatest one around in my opinion.





Really this is a lake...no photo shopping involved! I mean it! You have gotta see it for yourself!




I don't know if I could ever get sick of photographing wild flowers...they were literally everywere here. Every color, size and shape. The most I have ever seen in one place.


D and I went on a grueling hike up to the peak of the Golden Horn (13,600feet). We scrambled over all kinds of terrain! The view of the lakes from the top were incredible!





On our way back down we took a different route and stumbled upon this old Mine site. All the old equipment, tin cans, wheel barrows, and tracks were still around. I wish I knew more of the history...how long has this stuff been there?



How funny is it that the biggest fish I have ever caught in my life was with my bare hands? While we were exploring Fuller lake we came upon these streams full of trout. The fish would get trapped in small pools, there we could nab them with our bare hands...I don't think I have ever had so much fun!


No comments: