Thursday, October 16, 2008

Finally a glimps into my work place...

This week is coming quickly to an end! We have finally been able to spend some time on our unit (5 N) this week. It seems like a very busy place but full of friendly nurses. I got matched up with my preceptor who I will meet this weekend when I start my first rounds on nights. I will follow her schedule through the month of November. She seems to schedule herself so she works Fri., Sat., Sun. (12 hr shifts) one week and then a random 8 hour shift on a wed or Thurs along with her Fri., Sat., Sun. shift. So for the most part I will have 3-4 days off in a row! What a treat!

I am working on some new projects like repainting a dresser and head board for the guest room so it will be all set for when you come visit! I am also trying to sand and refinish a new dining room table that is a little bigger then the one I have. I will post some pictures as soon as I have made any progress probably next week some time.

I also have the task of figuring out when I want to take my five weeks of vacation time for next year! So far Jo's graduation week is the only one I know I need to come home for. My dad just got off the phone with me and told me he has booked his fight to come see me Nov. 24-29 so I won't be lonely for Thanksgiving! =)

Hope all is well back in your homes! Miss you!

No comments: