Sunday, October 5, 2008

Fall Colors in CO

I think this little weekend adventure has opened my eyes to one of the most amazing sights seen yet in CO...their fall colors. The mountain side literally looks like someone took buckets of gold paint and just dropped it all over! It is gorgeous! My mom and I had the opportunity to hike around Devils Thumb Ranch (which is where most of these pictures are from) and see the beautifully redone resort and spa...mom even got to get her feet wet! We had great fellowship at my old church Frasier Valley Baptist and then a delicious breakfast at The Mountain Rose Cafe where we meet a neat couple who owns a "cabin" up near Devils Thumb Ranch. We meet up with my older brothers friend (well my friend too these days) Jake and had lunch at smok'n Moe's and got caught up on life. On our way down the mountain we drove through rain which turned to sleet an then quickly snow and then back to sleet and then rain again..crazy how the weather can change so quickly up there! Like I said were having tons of fun! Wish you were here!





Jake and Mom

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Looks beautiful!!! Hopefully next spring I can come for a visit!