Sunday, January 25, 2009

Home

So my short trip home to Madison went way to quick. It was so nice to see everyone and catch up face to face. Its funny, coming back here this time was harder than leaving home the first time. I am not really sure why, but I think it has something to do with the fact that I don't really have any sort of routine here yet. It seems as though the last few months have been some what of a vacation. I have been meeting new people, seeing new places and discovering new hobbies. As much as I am a non-planner and love to just live day to day, I guess I am discovering that I also need structure. In these next few months I hope to get more involved in my new community in order for it to really feel like home. I want to start volunteering in my neighborhood and/or church, take a pottery class, discover one of the many cute little bookstores or shops in my area. I know I like it here, now I just need to work on making it feel more like my new home.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Hey Amy!! Love your blog! Glad you got to go home for a visit even if it was quick. Hope you have a great week!