Sunday, November 30, 2008

A Visit from Dad

I am so happy that I got to spend my first holiday out here with family. My dad got here last Monday and spent the whole week out here with me. All the tech savvy stuff that needed to be done had been saved for this very visitor. It was kind of funny that by the end of that first night we already had a TV and DVD player for my place. It only took about an hour or 2 with his help to mount it on the wall and hook up all the necessary cables. Now I can invite people over for a movie night and not expect them to snuggle up with me to watch it on my laptop. I have recently joined the 24hr Fitness here in town and thought it would be rude of me to go and workout in the mornings without him...so I snagged him a free week pass so he could suffer and sweat with me! Great bonding strategy right? I drove him around town, showed him around my lovely neighborhood, and took him to my new church. The week was off to a great start and the rest is as follows.

No comments: