Monday, November 17, 2008

Last Monday...

I think last Monday is one of those days the qualifies as a loooong day! I worked on Sunday night and was invited to go for a hike in the mountains on Monday...I couldn't pass up an offer like this even if it meant going on no sleep. My friend Dustin that I met at my new church New Life had to use up some of his days off, before the years end. Being an avid hiker himself, I think he felt like showing a newbie like me what the mountains really have to offer. So he pick me up Monday morning with my coffee in hand (I figured this would be the only way I would survive the day) and we drove about an hour outside of Boulder, CO. Now I can't exactly tell you what mountain we climbed, but I do know my lungs and entire body knew I was a new guy! We made it to the top only to face what felt like a WI winter! The Storm was rolling in on our way back down, and the beggings of what might be feet of snow began to fall. I realized at the top that I get caught up in the Denver "city" and often forget about the Denver "MT's" just a hop skip and jump away!

The trail up...

A view from the top...

Storm rolling in...

Freezing!

Beat!

No comments: