Thursday, September 23, 2010

{Fall is in the air!}

Nothing says fall like a porch full of Mums!
These lovely bushy plants that are full of fall colors needed to find a new home on my front porch!

They sit ever so nicely next to the "somewhere" sign that my grandpa gave me after I ranted and raved about it last time I was home.
Another new addition to my front porch is this adorable lighthouse lantern. It is made out of old cookie tin scraps. The glow is lovely on a crisp fall night.


A gal named Carey that I work with hooked me up with 2 bags of Honeycrisp apples that have made their way through the drying process.

These are the best apple to dry...they are crisp, sweet and tangy all at the same time.
Carey told me to save a bag until the first snowfall...she says that's when I'll really appreciate them...I'll try =)

1 comment:

the garden harlot said...

those were beautiful dollops of nature before the drying, and a good snack for later. i need to get a workable dehydrator !