Monday, February 16, 2009

Skiing & Hut Cooking...

Who knew Presidents day could be so much fun to celebrate? Dustin and I both had the day off today so we decided to pack our day full. Dustin swung by and picked me up bright and early (6:30am) to head up to the slopes (Copper MT) for a day of skiing. Today was my second day on my new skis this whole season, and man did my thighs scream that to me! Talk about a feeling the burn! I managed throughout the day to go from feeling really awkward on my skis to managing my way down 2 black diamonds! Thankfully all I have to do after a long day of skiing is plop in the car, Dustin is so sweet and always drives...so I can put my feet up on the dash on rub my aching legs. We were in a bit of a rush this afternoon because I had made plans for us to go to a cooking class (a late Valentines day present) in Boulder. The class that we were taking was called Hut Cuisines. It was a class full of new and delicious ideas for backpacking, camping and hut trips. The menu for the night included:


Easy backpack guacamole with stove top tortilla chips


Garlicky shrimp with cilantro and lemon


Balsamic marinated flank steak with salsa verde


Cilantro lime rice


Sweet and spicy coleslaw


Mexican dessert torte


Spicy egg and sausage scramble


Teach


Learn


Do

Eat!

Now all we need to do is plan a hut trip!

2 comments:

Becca said...

I love all of your posts. That cooking class looks yummy! Sam and I have our massage class for the next two fridays, (I think Sam is dreading it!) Your pics make me want to take a thai cooking class, we might! I love the Valentine pic with the snowhsoes and you leaning over to kiss him! Now I can see why you thought that pic I sent you of me skiing was Ashley (blue coat, gray snowpants, gray camelbak) When do I get to meet Dustin? You should come and we should make a trip to the rain forest, because we didn't get to before!

bethany said...

Yum...I would KILL to take a cooking class! It looks like you guys passed with flying colors :)